Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Theme Blog 3
In the book Gathering of old Men the theme or moral that should be taken from the text is what goes around comes around and also a lesson of forgiveness. The old men in the book became one to stand up to descrimination. After being put through a corrupt system of slavery for many years the men sought for revenge. To back the first theme of what goes around comes around, in this book the men sought revenge to whom they were unjustly treated giving the man what he rightfully deserved. Also I beleive that a lesson of forgiveness should be taken out of this story. The problem in the story could have been avoided if the men dropped past feelings towards Beau. In a chinese proverb it say, "One who seeks vengeance must dig two graves: one for himself and one for his enemy." I beleive this directly applys to the story, If the men could simply avoid revenge they would be in no trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mr. Fabiano, I highly agree with your analysis. If vengeance was not a factor in this story then Beau would not have been dead. I also really like your quote you had. It really supports the theme of the story. I really enjoyed reading this post. Keep up the good work Mr. Fabiano. Good day to you sir. uggguhhhu :p
ReplyDelete__________________________________________________
ReplyDelete